Monday, October 19, 2009

MTSC42 Birthday Wishes

Well it's Monday, the start of a new week and rather than focus on the annoying things going on in my life I will look at the positives...it's finally Sunny here in NY, Halloween is almost here and Fall is in full swing!!!

I actually made this card fairly quickly last night, but I'm still battleing with this cold so I was just too tired to sit at the computer and get it all uploaded. I needed a quick card for a close friends birthday which is this week and I never got around to Mercy's sketch from 2 weeks ago so I figured no time better than the present.

Mercy's sketch, MTSC42, was so cool, and since I finally have circle Nessties I no longer have to pass up sketches with any size circles-LOL!! My striped DP is Basic Grey Bittersweet/Praline and the colors of this card are all focused around that. I used Regal Rose as the card base and layered it with Very Vanilla and Creamy Caramel all by SU. I Used my scallop nesstie and circle nesstie for the sides and I also used my Swiss Dots CB Embossing folder. My center panel again is the Regal Rose and Very Vanilla with a corner knot in Sahara Sand Ribbon.

I stamped my flowers from Happy Harmony by SU in Regal Rose and the stems in Always Artichoke. I added some stickles to the buds from sparkle- I think birthday cards always need extra bling. My sentiment is from Warmest Regards, again by SU, and stamped in Creamy Caramel Ink. My image layer is up on dimensionals.

This was a fun and fast one, thanks again for another great sketch Mercy!!



3 comments:

  1. It is sunny here and I am so happy about it.. This is super.. I like the way you added the snip of ribbon on the corner.. It looks great..TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina this is so pretty, wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS Dinsie! LOVE the colors and stamps you used on this! SOOOOOO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete