Tuesday, October 20, 2009

True Friendship


Happy Tuesday night!!! I just spent a half hour trying to find a new layout for my blog, since the site that I took my last one from started flashing ads across my blog...how annoying!! Anyway I'm not thrilled with the new layout but for now it will do, I'm too tired to keep looking-LOL!!

I am so glad that I decided to stop at my stamp desk after throwing in the last load of laundry cause I just adore this card. I absolutely fell in love with this DP when I stumbled upon it at an impromptu stop at AC Moore on my way home from work on Friday, I really, really wish I could have gotten more of those cute birds in but the way they are lined up in the pattern I couldn't but I did get those two right over the bow.


This is an old MOJO sketch from March. It's a rather busy card compared to my usual style but I felt like getting a little crazy! I even took some inspiration from all you wonderful stampers and sponged just the cent of the circle by keeping the Nesstie frame after I embossed it.


Ok so I started with a card base of Basic Gray. I then layered it will Cool Caribbean, man i haven't used that one n a while, and embossed with my my Birds and Swirls CB folder. I layer my DP which is Basic Grey Pattern Paper/Urban Prairie. My ribbon is White Taffeta and Brads are Pewter. I used my scallop and circular Nessties and again kept the paper in the frame and sponged it with Cool Caribbean. I then stamped my sentiment, which is from Side By Side by There She Goes in Basic Grey and put two pink jewels under the words" Side". I used my White Gel pen and added dots in the scallops. The patterned paper layers and sentiment layer are all up on dimensionlas.


This cards just makes me happy!!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Dinsie! This is one of my favorite papers EVER and I LOVE the brads and the sentiment panel! GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a work of art! Great card! I like your new blog look too!

    ReplyDelete