Saturday, February 6, 2010

Love Potion #9

Happy Saturday to you all!!! Super Bowl weekend is hear and I do not know who I want to route for! Must say that I am glad that I woke to only flurries this morning and not tons and tons of snow as predicted. I love today's card because of the colors and the simple layout. I am still adding to my Valentine's stash and I think this one is a real cutie!

I started with a card base of Poppy by Paper Trey Ink and Very Vanilla by Stamping Up. My striped DP is the fabulous Kitchen Spice by Bo Bunny, I just LOVE this paper.

My image and sentiment are both from the brand new set Chemistry by There She Goes. I absolutely ADORE this set! The images and sentiment are so great and funny, it was just one of those sets that I HAD to have. My image was stamped in Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream cardstock and then colored with copics. I also added Shimmerz to the bottle in candle light to give a nice sheen. I then sponged the edges in Cantaloupe.

The center panel was embossed with Swiss Dots and layered onto another panel of Poppy with the scalloped edge. The final touches were the sheer polka dot ribbon and brads. I kept the layout simple to accentuate the image! Have a great weekend!!

2 comments: