Sunday, February 7, 2010

SSSC55 & C4C23 Chemistry Between Us

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!! It's Superbowl Sunday to be exact and that means lots of eating later today!!!

Ok so here is my card for two great challenges. The sketch is today's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC55, over at Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing. The other challenge is the Valentine's Day theme this week from Crazy 4 Challenges, C4C23. Both challenges were FANTASTIC!!

I started with a card base of Barely Banana and Very Vanilla, both by Stamping Up. My delightfully sweet DP is Lemonade by Basic Grey. My image is from the new There She Goes Set Chemistry, and I just LOVE it!! I'm having issues uploading the site for the store so I linked their blog. My image and sentiment were stamped in Tuxedo Black by Memento Ink onto Choice Buttercream cardstock and colored with copics. I then used by circle Nessties to cut it out and create a scalloped border. I used my piercing tool to pierce the scallops. After I glued everything down and added the Regal Rose Ribbon and brads I added stickels in Crystal color to the heart and rims of the jars as wells as glossy accents to make them look like real glass.

Here is a close up: I am so happy with how this card came out and I love the sentiment with the image. Great sketch Karen and I love the Valentine's Day theme.

12 comments:

  1. So cute, Dina!! I love the glassy look of the beakers and the embossed dots are darling! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love that stamp! The glossy look is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Dina ~ I'm another Twilight/Edward fan and am so glad I found your blog! It's great! I hope you're able to check out my blogs. I have a craft blog and a Pocket Edward blog that my GF Jodi Ann Lee and I started up again. Hope to see you soon!

    Linda

    http://simpleandsassycreations.blogspot.com
    http://pocketedwardsxlentadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this just made me smile! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Great colours and papers and the "glass" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ka-ute!!!! What an adorable image and great layout! The "glass" on the bottles is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute ! Great to use the Glossy Accents to the bottles !

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER cute Dinsie! LOVE how they look like glass and the papers and colors are SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dina! Love this fun card! Your paper choices and textures ROCK!!! Love the glossy accents:)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute card! I love it - reminds me to get back to studying for my anatomy/physiology test I have coming up, ugh!! cute new blog background too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card for the two challenges! I really like how you used the glossy accents on the bottles and your colors are great!

    ReplyDelete